Are we paying attention how we’re building a home for Yeshua and the Spirit in our lives? The care and attention to detail that went into the Tabernacle that the LORD instructed Israel to build and what that teaches about the Holy One and Heaven’s plan to transform us is central to the lessons in the Torah reading ויקהל/פקודי Vayakhel/Pekudei, covering Exodus 35:1–40:38.
In years when there is no second month of Adar (leap month), the Torah parashot (readings) ויקהל Vayakhel (“and he assembled”) and פקודי Pekudei (“accounts”) are combined.
Vayakhel emphasizes that allowing the people to keep the Shabbat is more important than the building of the Mishkan. Moses then “assembled” the people of Israel and asked them for freewill offerings of specific items needed to build the Mishkan to the specifications God showed to Moses. The people responded with an outpouring of generosity.
Pekudei tells us the precise kinds and amounts of talents and money used to make the Mishkan (Tabernacle, the LORD’s tent in the middle of the camp of Israel) and the priestly garments. We also learn about the process of erecting the Mishkan. In the last four verses of the reading, God accepts the Mishkan and begins His occupation of His home on earth.
To prepare ourselves for this coming double-header reading, check out the following recorded studies and notes from Hallel Fellowship teachers.
Recent posts in Discussions
- Numbers 13–15: Overcoming fear in doing the right thing - June 17th, 2017
- Numbers 8–12: Heaven wants you to be Spirit-filled - June 10th, 2017
- Numbers 4:21–7:89: Ambassadors for the gospel - June 3rd, 2017
- Leviticus 25–27: The LORD wants to set you free - May 20th, 2017
- Leviticus 21–24: How the High Priest deals with death - May 13th, 2017
- Leviticus 16; Hebrews 4–10: 'Because we have a great High Priest…' - May 6th, 2017
- Amos 6-9: Only the Messiah can restore Israel's Northern Tribes - April 29th, 2017
- Leviticus 12–15: Dishing and spreading the dirt is easy; preventing its spread is hard - April 22nd, 2017
- Exodus 14:1–15:21: Seventh day of Unleavened Bread teaches repentance, salvation and righteousness - April 17th, 2017
- Leviticus 9-11; Mark 7; Acts 10: Become clean and holy from the inside out - April 15th, 2017
- Leviticus 6:8–8:36: God wants a relationship with you that responds and grows - April 8th, 2017
- Leviticus 1:1-6:7: Entering God's Presence via the sacrifice of a contrite heart - April 1st, 2017
- Exodus 35–40: Enter God's rest before building His home - March 25th, 2017
- Exodus 30:11–34:35: You are not 'just a number' to God - March 18th, 2017
- Exodus 27:20–30:10: High priest foreshadows Messiah Yeshua's redeeming humanity - March 11th, 2017
- Genesis 44:18–47:27: Yosef foreshadows Yeshua's grace - January 7th, 2017
- Genesis 41:1-44:17: Yitzkhak's and Yosef's extended passion play - December 31st, 2016
- Genesis 37–40: What's your legacy in the Kingdom of God? - December 24th, 2016
- Genesis 32:4–36:43: Face up to your past, so Mashiakh can purge it - December 17th, 2016
- Genesis 28:10–32:2: Underestimating the strength of the 'weak' - December 10th, 2016