Are we paying attention how we’re building a home for Yeshua and the Spirit in our lives? The care and attention to detail that went into the Tabernacle that the LORD instructed Israel to build and what that teaches about the Holy One and Heaven’s plan to transform us is central to the lessons in the Torah reading ויקהל/פקודי Vayakhel/Pekudei, covering Exodus 35:1–40:38.
In years when there is no second month of Adar (leap month), the Torah parashot (readings) ויקהל Vayakhel (“and he assembled”) and פקודי Pekudei (“accounts”) are combined.
Vayakhel emphasizes that allowing the people to keep the Shabbat is more important than the building of the Mishkan. Moses then “assembled” the people of Israel and asked them for freewill offerings of specific items needed to build the Mishkan to the specifications God showed to Moses. The people responded with an outpouring of generosity.
Pekudei tells us the precise kinds and amounts of talents and money used to make the Mishkan (Tabernacle, the LORD’s tent in the middle of the camp of Israel) and the priestly garments. We also learn about the process of erecting the Mishkan. In the last four verses of the reading, God accepts the Mishkan and begins His occupation of His home on earth.
To prepare ourselves for this coming double-header reading, check out the following recorded studies and notes from Hallel Fellowship teachers.
Recent posts in Discussions
- Genesis 32:3–36:43: Peace on Earth depends on a transformed you - December 2nd, 2017
- Genesis 28:10–32:2: Messiah seeks 'the lost sheep of Israel' - November 25th, 2017
- Genesis 25:19–28:9: 'Be perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect' - November 18th, 2017
- Genesis 23:1–25:18: A time to rebel and a time to trust - November 11th, 2017
- Genesis 18–22: Open your eyes when God 'shows up' - November 4th, 2017
- Genesis 12–17: Instant gratification is never instant or gratifying - October 28th, 2017
- Genesis 6:9–11:32: Our salvation floats on a real Flood - October 21st, 2017
- Yom Kippur: Confidence before God under Messiah's covering - September 30th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 32: Song of Moses, song of the redeemed - September 23rd, 2017
- Judgment Day: Day of the LORD is a day of awakening - September 21st, 2017
- Deuteronomy 29:9–31:30: Hungry to get close to God? - September 16th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 26:1–29:8: Coveting thankfulness for the LORD's blessings - September 9th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 16:18–21:9: Learn to judge life & death righteously & mercifully - August 26th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 11:26–16:17: Learning to live a blessed life - August 19th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 7:12-11:25: Stay with the One Who brought you this far - August 12th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 1:1–3:22: Growing in grace by every word from God - July 29th, 2017
- Numbers 30-36: We want Messiah to give us rest from our dumb oaths and vows - July 22nd, 2017
- Numbers 25:10-29:40: A 'snake' again becomes an icon of salvation - July 15th, 2017
- Numbers 22:1-25:9: God sent emissaries to the Gentiles too - July 8th, 2017
- Numbers 19–21: Life and salvation amid death and rebellion - July 1st, 2017