Are we paying attention how we’re building a home for Yeshua and the Spirit in our lives? The care and attention to detail that went into the Tabernacle that the LORD instructed Israel to build and what that teaches about the Holy One and Heaven’s plan to transform us is central to the lessons in the Torah reading ויקהל/פקודי Vayakhel/Pekudei, covering Exodus 35:1–40:38.
In years when there is no second month of Adar (leap month), the Torah parashot (readings) ויקהל Vayakhel (“and he assembled”) and פקודי Pekudei (“accounts”) are combined.
Vayakhel emphasizes that allowing the people to keep the Shabbat is more important than the building of the Mishkan. Moses then “assembled” the people of Israel and asked them for freewill offerings of specific items needed to build the Mishkan to the specifications God showed to Moses. The people responded with an outpouring of generosity.
Pekudei tells us the precise kinds and amounts of talents and money used to make the Mishkan (Tabernacle, the LORD’s tent in the middle of the camp of Israel) and the priestly garments. We also learn about the process of erecting the Mishkan. In the last four verses of the reading, God accepts the Mishkan and begins His occupation of His home on earth.
To prepare ourselves for this coming double-header reading, check out the following recorded studies and notes from Hallel Fellowship teachers.
Recent posts in Discussions
- Deuteronomy 1:1–3:22: Growing in grace by every word from God - July 29th, 2017
- Numbers 30-36: We want Messiah to give us rest from our dumb oaths and vows - July 22nd, 2017
- Numbers 25:10-29:40: A 'snake' again becomes an icon of salvation - July 15th, 2017
- Numbers 22:1-25:9: God sent emissaries to the Gentiles too - July 8th, 2017
- Numbers 19–21: Life and salvation amid death and rebellion - July 1st, 2017
- Numbers 16–18: Korah, an early anti-Messiah - June 24th, 2017
- Numbers 13–15: Overcoming fear in doing the right thing - June 17th, 2017
- Numbers 8–12: Heaven wants you to be Spirit-filled - June 10th, 2017
- Numbers 4:21–7:89: Ambassadors for the gospel - June 3rd, 2017
- Leviticus 25–27: The LORD wants to set you free - May 20th, 2017
- Leviticus 21–24: How the High Priest deals with death - May 13th, 2017
- Leviticus 16; Hebrews 4–10: 'Because we have a great High Priest…' - May 6th, 2017
- Amos 6-9: Only the Messiah can restore Israel's Northern Tribes - April 29th, 2017
- Leviticus 12–15: Dishing and spreading the dirt is easy; preventing its spread is hard - April 22nd, 2017
- Exodus 14:1–15:21: Seventh day of Unleavened Bread teaches repentance, salvation and righteousness - April 17th, 2017
- Leviticus 9-11; Mark 7; Acts 10: Become clean and holy from the inside out - April 15th, 2017
- Leviticus 6:8–8:36: God wants a relationship with you that responds and grows - April 8th, 2017
- Leviticus 1:1-6:7: Entering God's Presence via the sacrifice of a contrite heart - April 1st, 2017
- Exodus 35–40: Enter God's rest before building His home - March 25th, 2017
- Exodus 30:11–34:35: You are not 'just a number' to God - March 18th, 2017