The Eighth Day, God’s appointment with His people the day after the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles, teaches an important lesson about how God will judge the world and how Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) will rule for 1,000 years on earth when He returns.
Richard Agee examines Yeshua’s teachings during the Feast of Tabernacles and the Eighth Day in John 7-8 and compares them with the picture of judgment given in Revelation 19-22.
In the discussion, Richard also addresses questions such as:
- Did Yeshua break the law of God with the woman caught in adultery as recorded in John 8?
- How does that encounter demonstrate how the final judgment will proceed?
- What will happen to those who died without knowing Messiah Yeshua?
- Are they bound for eternal torment and punishment?
- Will the "lake of fire" be an eternal fire for all those judged to be wicked or even just for Satan and his minions?
Recent posts in Appointments With God
- Yom Kippur: Confidence before God under Messiah's covering - September 30th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 32: Song of Moses, song of the redeemed - September 23rd, 2017
- Judgment Day: Day of the LORD is a day of awakening - September 21st, 2017
- Shavuot (Pentecost): Spirit-transformed to follow God's Law - May 31st, 2017
- Exodus 14:1–15:21: Seventh day of Unleavened Bread teaches repentance, salvation and righteousness - April 17th, 2017
- Unleavened Bread: First-born of Israel grow in grace and knowledge - April 11th, 2017
- Fall feasts to the LORD - October 1st, 2016
- Numbers 8–12: The LORD calls, but will we answer? - June 25th, 2016
- Shavuot (Pentecost) expands the Kingdom of God - June 11th, 2016
- Shavuot/Pentecost: God is gathering the 'strangers' - May 30th, 2015
- Numbers 9: 'Second-chance Pesach' and being covered by the Cloud - May 23rd, 2015
- Yeshua the Firstfruits: First-born of those who are being saved - April 11th, 2015
- What did Apostle Paul mean by 'you are unleavened'? - April 5th, 2015
- Symbols of Passover: Original, Messianic, today and Day of the LORD - April 4th, 2015
- Jonah 4: God does not desire the death of the wicked - March 28th, 2015
- Jonah 3: Contrasting contriteness of Nineveh and Israel - March 14th, 2015
- Leviticus 25: Shemitah (sabbatical year) and Yobel (Jubilee) - February 28th, 2015
- Leviticus 23: Shabbat and the moedim (appointments with God) - February 14th, 2015
- Chanukah drama: Conquering compromise - December 20th, 2014
- John 13:34-35: How new is Yeshua's 'new command'? - December 20th, 2014
Recent posts in Tabernacles
- Spirit-filled connections between Shemini Atzeret (Eighth Day), Shavuot (Pentecost) and Sukkot (Tabernacles) - October 17th, 2014
- Lessons from Sukkot in Biblical history - October 15th, 2014
- Sukkot and the Millennium ingathering - October 14th, 2014
- What do the offerings of Sukkot represent? - October 10th, 2014
- Seventh month of God's calendar: Beginning of the end of the beginning of the end - September 20th, 2014
- Shmini Atseret (convocation of the Eighth Day) pictures new beginnings - September 29th, 2013
- Finding 'The Prophet' Yeshua the Messiah during Sukkot - September 28th, 2013
- Sukkot lesson for the coming Kingdom: What is a 'believer'? - September 27th, 2013
- Symbols of Sukkot: The sukkah - September 26th, 2013
- Symbols of Sukkot: Four species of trees - September 24th, 2013
- Fundamentals of reigning with Messiah in the Kingdom of God: Judgment, mercy and trust - September 23rd, 2013
- Sukkot foreshadows coming of the Kingdom of God - September 22nd, 2013
- God's appointments with humankind gain meaning over time - not obsolescence - September 21st, 2013
- Identity crisis: Do believers in Messiah Yeshua join 'the Church' or Israel? - September 14th, 2013
- 1st Kings 8: Chiastic teaching ties together messianic figures Moshe, David and Shlomo - March 9th, 2013
- 1st Kings 8:1-21: Shadow of Yom Kippur, Sukkot in dedication of first Temple - January 12th, 2013
- Shmeni Atzeret pictures God wanting to be with mankind - October 9th, 2012
- God’s three harvest festivals - October 8th, 2012
- Why did Yeshua quote 'blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD' from Psalm 118? - October 4th, 2012
- Sovereignty of God - October 3rd, 2012