In part 3 of this discussion of the Eighth Day in John 7-10, the healing of the blind man and the parable of the door for the sheep corral show how believers in Yeshua as God’s Messiah will see the “a new heavens and a new earth” foretold in Isa. 66:22, 2nd Pet. 3:13 and Rev. 21:1.
Recap of John 7-8
Why was Yeshua in hiding during the Feast of Tabernacles?
Why is John 7:17 an important clue about the goal of Yeshua’s ministry, particularly in the judgment of the woman caught in adultery? Was He seeking glory for Himself? How did He reveal the will of the Father?
Why did Yeshua stay in Jerusalem after the end of the seventh and last day of the Feast of Tabernacles (John 8:1-2)?
What did John record about what he saw in the judgment of the adulterous woman (John 8:7)? What did Yeshua give the woman (John 8:11)? How does Yeshua judge (John 8:15-16)?
How do we continue in God’s will (John 8:31)? Who hears the word of God (John 8:47)?
Who received the “new beginning” promised by the Eighth Day?
Food for thought from the recorded discussion of John 9:1-10:21
Why was this man born blind (John 9:1-3)? How did Yeshua heal the blind man?
How did the people in the immediate area react to the healing of the blind man (John 9:13-14)?
What did the Pharisees do when the blind man was brought to them? What did they think of the blind man’s story? Were the Pharisees united in their opinion of the blind man and of Yeshua?
What did the Pharisees do to the blind man’s parents? How did the blind man react to this (John 9:24-34)? How did the Pharisees react to the blind man in the end of the trial?
Who was really giving God the glory? On what basis were the Pharisees judge the blind man? How did their judgment compare with Yeshua’s judgment of the blind man at the beginning of the chapter?
What did Yeshua do after the blind man left the Pharisee’s judgment chamber (John 9:35)? How did the blind man react to meeting Yeshua for the first time after his healing? What was Yeshua’s judgment upon the Pharisees in leadership and their response (John 9:39-41; cf. Jer. 2:34-35)? How does this judgment explain apostle Paul’s comment “because the letter [of the Torah] kills but the Spirit gives life” (2nd Cor. 3:4-6)?
Speaker: Richard Agee.
Recent posts in Appointments With God
- Yom Kippur: Confidence before God under Messiah's covering - September 30th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 32: Song of Moses, song of the redeemed - September 23rd, 2017
- Judgment Day: Day of the LORD is a day of awakening - September 21st, 2017
- Shavuot (Pentecost): Spirit-transformed to follow God's Law - May 31st, 2017
- Exodus 14:1–15:21: Seventh day of Unleavened Bread teaches repentance, salvation and righteousness - April 17th, 2017
- Unleavened Bread: First-born of Israel grow in grace and knowledge - April 11th, 2017
- Fall feasts to the LORD - October 1st, 2016
- Numbers 8–12: The LORD calls, but will we answer? - June 25th, 2016
- Shavuot (Pentecost) expands the Kingdom of God - June 11th, 2016
- Shavuot/Pentecost: God is gathering the 'strangers' - May 30th, 2015
- Numbers 9: 'Second-chance Pesach' and being covered by the Cloud - May 23rd, 2015
- Yeshua the Firstfruits: First-born of those who are being saved - April 11th, 2015
- What did Apostle Paul mean by 'you are unleavened'? - April 5th, 2015
- Symbols of Passover: Original, Messianic, today and Day of the LORD - April 4th, 2015
- Jonah 4: God does not desire the death of the wicked - March 28th, 2015
- Jonah 3: Contrasting contriteness of Nineveh and Israel - March 14th, 2015
- Leviticus 25: Shemitah (sabbatical year) and Yobel (Jubilee) - February 28th, 2015
- Leviticus 23: Shabbat and the moedim (appointments with God) - February 14th, 2015
- Chanukah drama: Conquering compromise - December 20th, 2014
- John 13:34-35: How new is Yeshua's 'new command'? - December 20th, 2014
Recent posts in The Eighth Day
- Spirit-filled connections between Shemini Atzeret (Eighth Day), Shavuot (Pentecost) and Sukkot (Tabernacles) - October 17th, 2014
- Seventh month of God's calendar: Beginning of the end of the beginning of the end - September 20th, 2014
- Shmini Atseret (convocation of the Eighth Day) pictures new beginnings - September 29th, 2013
- Finding 'The Prophet' Yeshua the Messiah during Sukkot - September 28th, 2013
- Fundamentals of reigning with Messiah in the Kingdom of God: Judgment, mercy and trust - September 23rd, 2013
- God's appointments with humankind gain meaning over time - not obsolescence - September 21st, 2013
- 1st Kings 8: Chiastic teaching ties together messianic figures Moshe, David and Shlomo - March 9th, 2013
- Shmeni Atzeret pictures God wanting to be with mankind - October 9th, 2012
- James: Take-home lessons of Sukkot, Shmini Atzeret - October 22nd, 2011
- Shmini Atzeret: A rehearsal of God making all things new - October 21st, 2011
- 'Feasts to the LORD' foreshadowed in Genesis 2-5 - October 20th, 2011
- The Eighth Day and the gospel of the Kingdom of God - October 2nd, 2010
- The Eighth Day 2009 — A new beginning with God - October 12th, 2009
- Sukkot 2009 day 7 — Preparing to go to the wedding feast of the Lamb - October 11th, 2009
- The Eighth Day — enlightening the leadership on the Light, the Truth, the Father - November 22nd, 2008
- The Eighth Day — a ‘feast of the LORD’ full of faith and freedom - November 15th, 2008
- The Eighth Day — the choice of life or death - October 23rd, 2008
- Why does Hallel celebrate a ‘wedding feast’ at the end of the Feast of Tabernacles? - October 22nd, 2008