Bible interpreters have come up with all kinds of explanations for the elements of Messiah Yeshua’s Parable of the 10 Virgins (Matt. 25:1-13). Some assert the oil represents the Torah or the Spirit of God. Some claim the two groups of virgins represent two types of believers. Others try to work out the time for the Day of the LORD from the details.
Food for thought from the recorded discussion
What was the difference between the wise and foolish virgins? All of them had wicks, lamps and some oil, so what was the real difference?
What is the focus of this story (Matt. 25:13)? The oil, the lamps or the virgins themselves? What wisdom did the wise virgins exhibit?
Answered by Richard Agee. Hallel Fellowship seeks to provide guidance on questions that come to you as you study the Bible, live your life and have discussions with friends, family and co-workers. Submit your questions or comments via the online comment form.
Recent posts in Questions
- Genesis 12–17: Abram's 'slaves' aren't like American slavery - October 24th, 2015
- How do we make the God's words honorable? - September 20th, 2014
- Lassoing lashon ha-ra (evil tongue): Grappling with gossip and slander in God's family - July 19th, 2014
- Importance of context in understanding the Bible - June 21st, 2014
- Identity crisis: Do believers in Messiah Yeshua join 'the Church' or Israel? - September 14th, 2013
- Can one be 'under grace' yet obey God's Torah? - May 11th, 2013
- Question: How are the main people in the book of Esther also thematically tied to other people in the Bible? - March 18th, 2013
- Question: Is there messianic significance to Eliyahu's lying on the dead child three times (1st Kings 17)? - February 2nd, 2013
- Yom Kippur and being 'released from the law' - September 22nd, 2012
- Did the Apostle John and Ezekiel meet each other in vision at God's Temple? (part 1) - August 11th, 2012
- Why do we wash each other's feet at Passover? - February 26th, 2011
- Question: What is 'the gospel'? - May 1st, 2010
- Lessons from The Name - July 4th, 2009
- Question: How do the Law and the Prophets 'hang' on the two 'greatest commandments'? - March 7th, 2009
- Question: What is the relationship between law and grace? - January 24th, 2009