Hallel Fellowship celebrated Purim with a fun take on the deadly serious account of the thwarted genocide of the Yehudim (Jews) living in exile in Persia in the fifth century B.C.E.
To follow along with the recorded drama, download Tammy’s condensation of the book of Esther for six readers (PDF) and many more actors of all ages.
Narrator: Jeff. King: John. Haman: Susan. Supporting characters (Memukhan, Zeresh, servants, etc.): Carmel. Esther: Rose. Mordecai: Bill K.
King: Joshua. Mordecai: William. Haman: Daniel. Vashti: Annemarie. Esther: Jordan. Zeresh: Tara. Court attendants: Isaac, Jacq, Sunny.
Themes in the book of Esther and Purim
Jeff offers a brief overview of the significance of Purim for believers in Messiah Yeshua.
Recent posts in Appointments With God
- Chanukah: Dare to be a Daniel, Joseph, Judas Maccabeus - December 16th, 2017
- Yom Kippur: Confidence before God under Messiah's covering - September 30th, 2017
- Deuteronomy 32: Song of Moses, song of the redeemed - September 23rd, 2017
- Judgment Day: Day of the LORD is a day of awakening - September 21st, 2017
- Shavuot (Pentecost): Spirit-transformed to follow God's Law - May 31st, 2017
- Exodus 14:1–15:21: Seventh day of Unleavened Bread teaches repentance, salvation and righteousness - April 17th, 2017
- Unleavened Bread: First-born of Israel grow in grace and knowledge - April 11th, 2017
- Fall feasts to the LORD - October 1st, 2016
- Numbers 8–12: The LORD calls, but will we answer? - June 25th, 2016
- Shavuot (Pentecost) expands the Kingdom of God - June 11th, 2016
- Shavuot/Pentecost: God is gathering the 'strangers' - May 30th, 2015
- Numbers 9: 'Second-chance Pesach' and being covered by the Cloud - May 23rd, 2015
- Yeshua the Firstfruits: First-born of those who are being saved - April 11th, 2015
- What did Apostle Paul mean by 'you are unleavened'? - April 5th, 2015
- Symbols of Passover: Original, Messianic, today and Day of the LORD - April 4th, 2015
- Jonah 4: God does not desire the death of the wicked - March 28th, 2015
- Jonah 3: Contrasting contriteness of Nineveh and Israel - March 14th, 2015
- Leviticus 25: Shemitah (sabbatical year) and Yobel (Jubilee) - February 28th, 2015
- Leviticus 23: Shabbat and the moedim (appointments with God) - February 14th, 2015
- Chanukah drama: Conquering compromise - December 20th, 2014
Recent posts in Purim
- Studies and resources on Purim (Feast of Lots in the book of Esther) - February 28th, 2015
- Question: How are the main people in the book of Esther also thematically tied to other people in the Bible? - March 18th, 2013
- Messianic symbols, message in the Book of Esther - February 23rd, 2013
- Structure of the Book of Esther points to messianic prophecy - February 19th, 2011
- Purim — God loads the purim for His glory - February 27th, 2010
- Book of Esther dramatic reading for Purim available for download - April 26th, 2009
- 'Esther's Legacy' — a historical look at numerous assaults against Jews and the response from by-standers - March 15th, 2009
- Purim — Book of Esther tells a never-old tale of hatred against God's blessed servants - March 14th, 2009
- Reflections on Purim, the Feast of Lots in the book of Esther - February 23rd, 2008
- Purim (Festival of Lots): The "hidden" holy day - March 3rd, 2007