Hallel Fellowship has curated a list of Yeshua-friendly coloring page sites that can help you help your children grasp the Torah studies at their own pace in an entertaining, yet respectful way.
Our small congregation has no separate services for children or teens, so most children sit through the adult Torah, Haftarah and Brit Chadasha studies alongside their parents, which can be difficult for young minds to grasp and endure.
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” —Louis L’Amor
Coloring within the lines of Yeshua’s Torah
The Alliance of Redeemed Israel, formerly known as the Messianic Israel Alliance, has a printable coloring book (in PDF format) from Aish.com based on the weekly Torah portions.
The Tree of Live Bible Society, a Messianic Jewish bible society, has free Yeshua-focused downloadable coloring pages for children.
This home school page has Christian and Jewish themed coloring pages as well as coloring pages that coordinate with a home school curriculum.
Challah Crumbs has printable coloring pages of each of the letters of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet as well as Feast-Day themed pages.
Torah Tots has interactive games as well as printable coloring sheets about they types of work we shouldn’t do on Shabbat. They also have as age-appropriate (no coloring books) lessons on modern Jewish holidays such as Yom haShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) and Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem Reunification Day).
If you are looking for ideas to help reinforce the lessons of the Torah lesson at home with your children, check out Parsha Projects. It’s a blog with “crafts and snacks designed to teach preschoolers about the weekly Torah portion at home.”
Don’t leave the adults out
Jews for Jesus has a Messianic Jewish themed adult coloring book for purchase if you want to color alongside your children.
Banner Photo: A rainbow of crayons by freeimages.com/BillyAlexander. Available via creative commons.
Recent posts in Life With God
- Receiving judgment: Learning from the struggles God sends - August 22nd, 2017
- Numbers 8–12: The LORD calls, but will we answer? - June 25th, 2016
- God 'cuts off' parts of House of God to promote growth - October 12th, 2014
- How do we make the God's words honorable? - September 20th, 2014
- Luke 21:34-22:6: Guard your heart; It's later than you think - August 30th, 2014
- Phillipians 2:1-11: Regard others better than yourself - August 16th, 2014
- Real meaning of "Eye for an Eye": God's lessons in peace-making - August 2nd, 2014
- Lassoing lashon ha-ra (evil tongue): Grappling with gossip and slander in God's family - July 19th, 2014
- Lessons in Communicating With God: Lesson 2, part 1: Learn how to pray from Messiah (Luke 11:1-13) - July 7th, 2012
- Lessons in Communicating With God: Lesson 1: Rebel against distraction (Luke 10:38-42) - June 23rd, 2012
- Sermon on the Mount: Yeshua and the Torah on adultery and divorce - October 8th, 2011
- Guarantee your place in the Kingdom of God - July 23rd, 2011
- Firstfruits of the Kingdom of God illuminate a dark Earth - July 9th, 2011
- Forgiveness: God's requirements to forgive others - May 21st, 2011
- 1st John 1–3 — What the Apostle John tells us about fellowship - September 30th, 2010
- Making Dr. Christopher's plague remedy - April 4th, 2010
- Acts 3 — Peter's second Pentecost plea for repentance - June 21st, 2008
- The Truth About Tithe - October 6th, 2007
- Sukkot: Learning Holy Living Through the Feasts of the LORD - October 2nd, 2007
- Sukkot: Anger Without Sin - September 28th, 2007