Reader: Daniel Agee
Teacher: Jeff [contact]
- What value is gained in looking at Messiah’s teaching on divorce from parallel passages from the other apostles?
- What were differences between the House of Shammai and the House of Hillel, two schools of rabbinical thought at the time of Yeshua (Jesus)?
- How did Yeshua’s comments in general and on divorce in particular compare with those of Shammai and Hillel?
- Why is divorce compared to cutting, based on the Greek and Hebrew words describing it in the Bible?
- What did God intend marriage to teach?
- How did God factor in situations in which the marriage contract is violated?
- Under what circumstances is the marriage contract violated, according to the Bible and society today?
- What does the Torah say about divorce?
- Whose fault is divorce?
- What does the innocent spouse do?
- Can divorce bring shalom, Hebrew for "peace" and "completeness" and "wholeness."