- Description: Judaism calls it Rosh haShanah for the Hebrew term for New Year. The Bible calls it simply a day for blowing two silver trumpets (Yom Teruah), which serve to make people pay attention.
- Timing of the festival: 1st day of the 7th lunar month since spring
- Biblical references: Lev. 23:23-25; Num. 10:1–10; Isa. 27:13; Joel 2:1; Zech. 9:14; Matt. 24:31; 1st Cor. 15:52; 1st Thess. 4:16–17; Rev. 8:1–6; Rev. 11:15
- Pay attention to what God is trying to say.
- Humble yourself before God.
- Trumpet blasts foreshadow the coming of important messages and God Himself.